Vice President of Finance
5075 Westheimer Road Houston, TX 77056 US
Exciting Opportunity! Vice President of Finance, Houston
My client is a Texas premier developer, a global real estate industry pioneer, builder and project manager for millennial single-family communities. The company has total of about 1, 300 houses under management with additional 250 homes expected to be finished in 2019. The company also has additional 1, 500+ units in its land bank and more land acquisition in process. This dynamic company is very well capitalized and growing at a rate of 100% per year!
A core function of this VP of Finance will include meeting with, and developing high level and trusted relationships with banks and other financial institutions. The VP of Finance reports to the CEO and is responsible for the strategic positioning of finances, liquidity, banking, information management, investments and available capital. The VP Finance will be expected to lead financial analysis, planning and budgeting, long-range forecasting, analysis related to new program development, financial accounting systems, procedures, assets, liability and interest rate risk management.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the entire Company’ s fiscal function and performance with the goal of continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introducing new programs/strategies and regulatory actions. Provides cash flow forecasts.
- Secures and maintains loans.
- Completes performance metrics for all lines of business
- Ensures competency in managing loans
- Provides reports of all Company financial activities to management to facilitate decision making and to enhance profitability.
- Develops profitability forecasts for proposed land developments and projects.
- Assists with Acquisition/Land/Construction Development in feasibility plans, bonding, and budgeting.
- Acquires necessary financing for residential construction, land development activities, and general operations.
- Develops and optimizes both new and old lender relations and financial sources.
- Advises from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Company may enter.
- Prepares and maintains regular financial planning reports; monthly, quarterly, annual profit and loss statements by company and profit centers.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Assists in development of financial planning, forecasts and analysis exercises/reports.
- Projects cash flow requirements to ensure availability of funds as needed
- Coordinates the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Assures compliance in all areas of tax planning and reporting as well as Risk Management.
- Maintains knowledge of changing tax legislation and laws.
- Maintains shareholder records. Prepares quarterly interest checks.
- Establishes and maintains procedures, systems and controls that verify the integrity of all accounting systems, processes and data.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Coordinates year end reviews and compilations with external accounting firm to assure the proper filing of tax returns.
- Develops technical solutions to increase the effectiveness, accuracy and reliability of financial reporting
- Accomplishes other tasks as assigned by the CEO.
Before joining Joseph Chris Partners as a Senior Partner in 2016, I worked quite a bit in the industry that we service: real estate development and construction. When CEO Veronica Ramirez approached me about joining the team, it seemed like a natural marriage between my relationship-building skills and my background. more...