Vice President of Development
201 West Street Annapolis, MD 21401 US
Position Summary: The VP Development position is dynamic, requiring close Business Development Team (Biz Dev) collaboration and coordination, critical thinking and high-quality communication skills. The position will focus on development, strategizing with Fund Leadership, general management, legal coordination, negotiation, transaction structuring, and related responsibilities to support the overall goals of the companies business. Key functions include determining general feasibility through underwriting, project execution and delivery. With the company, engaging in pre-development, pre-construction, construction, closeout, and pre-operation phases of a project, and ensuing successful hand-over to the companies Property Management of completed projects.
* Participate and drive new business development initiatives in conjunction with the Fund Managers and Biz Dev Team.
* Source new development opportunities from existing and to-be-identified companies relationships.
* Work closely with the companies team to move all aspects of projects forward from initial identification through final delivery.
* Lead the day-to-day management of development projects, including collaboration with in-house construction team members.
* Work with the Fund Managers and the analyst team to provide due diligence information and feasibility analysis of potential opportunities.
* Lead in negotiating contract terms and scope for new development projects, as well as existing asset re-developments and expansions, as opportunities are sourced and pursued.
* Lead the preparation of project proposals, RFP responses, and related development documentation.
* Assist in preparation of presentations for clients, investors, committees, and other internal reports.
* Work with lenders (in coordination with the companies Director of Finance) to determine availability of project level financing, as appropriate.
* Responsible for maintaining, managing and reporting project timelines, ensuring milestones are met on time and within budget.
* Use SalesForce (CRM) as an active and committed team communication tool.
* Collaborate with the Fund Managers and the analyst team to ensure project financial models are accurate and complete.
* Lead in securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, entitlements, and related documentation from authorities, as required.
* Manage project documents, including approvals, development agreements, easements, covenants, construction documents, A/E design and engineering plans and specifications, contracts, change orders, closeout documentation, etc.
* Responsible for sharing and uploading documents and communication on project management site for team use and record keeping, including the active use of SalesForce for team communication.
* Track and report project status to internal stakeholders, investors, lenders, joint ventures, as needed.
* Monitor monthly construction progress reporting, including but not limited to schedules, applications for payment, etc.
* Participate in discussions with tenants, lenders, investors, and related professionals to foster growth of all client relationships.
* Bachelor’ s degree in Real Estate Development, Design/Architecture, Construction or related major. Advanced Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate development and/or construction with demonstrated knowledge of real estate development and the construction process.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
* Demonstrated proficiency in using SharePoint or other document control software.
* Demonstrated proficiency in using Project Management & CRM software.