Sr. Corporate Counsel
2603 Houston, TX 77063 US
Sr. Corporate Counsel:
This position will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for directing all legal matters and providing strategic legal advice and support to the senior management team.
Required Experience for the Senior Corporate Counsel position:
- JD degree from an ABA accredited law school required;
- Membership in good standing with the TX state bar; and,
- 10+ years of corporate real estate experience.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Possesses substantive and procedural law and ability to apply knowledge to legal negotiations and formal litigation in all markets;
- Provides guidance and counsel to management on debt and equity transactions, leasing initiatives, acquisitions, dispositions and due diligence at both the property and company level;
- Oversee and manage the in-house legal department and all legal aspects of the organization, ensuring all contracts, documents or filings undergo legal review;
- Form and revise corporate entities and structures when helping to raise capital for company projects;
- Engage and coordinate with outside legal for certain matters upon request; and,
- Other responsibilities as needed.
A military brat, I developed talent at an early age for developing and maintaining relationships that would later become invaluable in my career as a recruiting professional. more...