Sales Marketing Director
Sarasota, FL 34240 US
Objectives: Leads sales department through the development and implementation of sales strategies to sales goal and profit potentials. Conducts one on one dialogue and continued training with Sales Representatives, hold regular sales meetings and team building activities.
1. College degree or equivalent combination of education and previous experience
2. Decisiveness and good judgment, problem-solving to act with authority with little direction from others
3. Ability to be trained and become proficient using the Constellation “ FAST” program, mainframe and personal computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
4. Five years experience in the homebuilding industry
5. Strong customer-service with ability to handle difficult situations
6. Self-motivated with persuasive attitude and outstanding leadership, negotiation and organizational skills; detail oriented
7. Working knowledge of given markets in the area; ability to recruit and train Sales Representatives
Responsibilities of Director of Sales and Marketing
1. Direct management of sales and marketing activities.
2. Lead and motivate sales staff to achieve set goals. Monitor Sales Representative performance efficiency to ensure sales goals are achieved, conduct regular sales meetings.
3. Actively and continually train sales people to reach their selling potential; recruitment and retention of high quality personnel and culling out low personnel when necessary.
4. Interface with the Director of Design.
5. Act as liaison between sales team, home owners, production, office staff and other management team members to resolve issues, concerns and questions to ensure the objective of obtaining customer satisfaction.
6. Negotiate and approve sales contracts.
7. Directly supervise sales team on site in the communities through leadership and guidance of operating activities.
8. Periodically gather competitive information and assist in analyzing data to secure market share and positioning and complete competitive analysis reports
9. Reports to the President
1. Participate with the owners and management team on critical management decisions.
2. Must have a passionate drive to learn and improve. Self-motivated
3. Professional demeanors: projects positive and professional image
4. Productivity: excellent attendance, excellent work quantity and quality, positive contributor; ability to work successfully in a team environment, strong people skills, works well with others at all levels
5. Innovation: seeks new opportunities and growth challenges, contributes ideas, helps resolve problems, and develops new procedures and methods
6. Honesty: truthful and trustworthy, does what needs to be done and what is right; is fair and objective, has personal integrity and treats others in a mature, responsible manner
7. Loyalty: has commitment toward the goals and values of the organization, respects its efforts, defends its good name, and gives the job the best effort and sincerity
8. Initiative: ability to think, work and make independent decisions based on sound judgment
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
10. General construction knowledge and ability to read blueprints
11. Must possess a strong internal/external customer service orientation/commitment
12. Excellent time management, organization and follow-up skills
13. Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments
14. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
15. Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards
16. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
17. Creates good will within department and interdepartmentally
18. Ability to read, understand and apply the requirements of architectural and consultant drawings and reports
19. Ability to understand construction terminology
20. Ability to comprehend construction processes and sequence of work
21. Ability to understand consumer expectations within defined market segments and relate to specification levels
23. Working knowledge of given market in relation to geographical locations
24. Ability to provide leadership and manage a multi-person sales department
add local candidates or close commute highly preferred; custom Homebuilding Sale & Marketing Management highly preferred.
I have been with Joseph Chris Partners since 2002 when I started as a recruiter. From there, I worked my way up to Partner, Senior Partner, and Executive Partner all within one year of becoming a Partner. more...