Huntsville, AL 35649 US
Privately held home builder in Alabama with operations in Huntsville and Madison County, Tennessee searching for a Sales Manager to add to their executive team. For over 12 years, the company has made it their mission to provide the best home for the best value, and to help customers makes each design their own, while delivering outstanding customer experience.
SUMMARY: Responsible for driving and achieving area sales goals by implementing company strategies, while developing and leading a sales team to maximize sales volume and profitability for the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This description reflects the management’ s basic expectations of a qualified candidate. It does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The employee in this position must:
- Have a minimum 5 years of experience in new home production sales. A minimum of 3 years of this experience must be in a supervisory role.
- Managerial experience in oversight of a sales team.
- Managerial experience in oversight of an operations support staff including contract and transaction management.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be proficient in a sales/lead tracking software suitable for expansion to sales team operations
- Be able to establish course of action to accomplish goals, develop and implement schedules, and orchestrate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing resources
- Possess ability to establish and maintain home buyer, sales staff, and consultant team relationships in support of meeting sales goals.
- Have ability to prioritize and effectively manage time, prioritizing long term needs while maintaining inflow of daily activities
- Have a valid driver’ s license and reliable transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Manage sales team toward meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Support sales team product and sales presentation knowledge base.
- Support setting, reporting and management of sales goals at the company level down to the sales team member level.
- Create / oversee ongoing lead tracking and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement sales strategies by balancing key performance measures, to maintain and improve the Company’ s sales results.
- Monitor and analyze sales pipeline, business ratios and the sales activities of each sales consultant.
- Directly manage the negotiations of sales throughout the active sale negotiations process toward the finalization of contracted sales. The negotiation of sales must be directed toward meeting or exceeding the neighborhood specific sales goals.
- Lead and/or participate in weekly sales meetings which will include, but are not limited to, supporting progress reporting of goals, neighborhood needs, new neighborhood onboarding, and ongoing intradepartmental communications.
- Submit sales activity and other sales related reporting as needed/requested for support of ongoing sales management.
- Support new neighborhood selection of product, material specifications levels suitable to the neighborhood and home sale pricing.
- Support new neighborhood onboarding, model home planning/setup, sales office planning/setup.
- Support new acquisition feasibility underwriting.
- Support home build division marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team in developing sales forecasts in line with the overall business plan.
- Monitor sales backlog status.
- Maintain review of existing sales team members performance and support outside real estate agent team in recruiting, hiring, onboarding of additions to the sales team.
- Consistently review competitor’ s product, pricing, sales processes for betterment of the company' s sales activities.