Land Development Manager - Southeast
Huntsville, AL 35649 US
Private, regional builder is seeking a high-level land executive to manage the Land Acquisition and Development department in analyzing, negotiating and securing land opportunities to meet the overall growth strategy of the Division. The Vice President of Land Acquisition and Development will coordinate due diligence, concept land planning, environmental studies and collaborate with key division leadership to developing new projects.
- Create an annual strategic land plan based on geographic, product and pricing goals to support the division’ s overall strategy.
- Acquire, entitle, engineer and develop residential lots and land.
- Manage acquisitions and development for the market.
- Underwrite all Acquisitions according to company processes.
- Maintain acquisition and development metrics.
- Complete all Due Diligence pre and post contract for all targeted properties and lots.
- Meet with State, County, City Officials and Engineers to gather and maintain all governmental regulations necessary to ensure compliance for each acquisition and development.
- Work with the Finance Department on all potential Acquisitions budgets and costs.
- Negotiate all business terms for land and lot acquisitions.
- Present Letters of Intent (LOI) to landowners and brokers.
- Coordinate contracts with attorneys and landowners.
- Manage all engineering and governmental approvals for land development.
- Manage all land development according to the company’ s direction.
- Develop and maintain all land development budgets.
- Conduct land development meetings on monthly basis with executive team.
- Identify, hire and manage community property management companies.
- Recruit, select, train, manage and motivate additional department staff as necessary.
Excellent analytical and writing capabilities. Must be able to present ideas, concepts and technical strategies on an individual and group basis. Public speaking experience a plus.
- Minimum 10 or more years strategic operations management experience in homebuilding
- Strong management development and leadership skills
- Be a leader in change management
Meet Your Recruiter
In the mid-2000s, you would have found me content in my role at a Fortune 100 company, blessed to have access to volunteer and give back to our community, and excited in 2011 that I was able to continue my education and complete my master’s degree. more...