HR Manager - Generalist
Houston, TX 77070 US
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/OFFICE MANAGER - HOME BUILDING - HOUSTON DIVISION - Local Candidates Only
My retained national production home builder client of over 14 years is seeking an /HR Manager/Office Manager for one of their smaller divisions located n the Greater Houston Area. The position will report to the Division President and will be more of an HR Generalist as well as have some other office responsibilities as well.
This company has by far the best corporate culture of any national home builder and they embrace and live by a code of respect up, down and sideways within the entire organization. This is a place you a valued and never just a number; a place you will spend the rest of your career.
The Human Resources / Office Manager has a variety of responsibilities in multiple areas, from providing leadership and management of the Human Resources function to responsibilities for Office Management. The primary Human Resources responsibilities include providing guidance and counsel to management regarding Human Resources related issues, directing the implementation and coordination of human resource policies; coordinating recruiting, employment and development processes; directing wage and salary administration; assisting with communication and management of employee relations issues; and supporting benefits administration. Serves as the Houston Division’ s representative on the Company’ Human Resources Interdivisional Team. From an Office Management perspective, responsibilities include management of the facilities to include office and lounge supplies; coordinating I.T. equipment needs; maintaining employee specific benefit information related to expense cards and auto allowances; event coordination; and administrative support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resource Policies
- Understand policies and procedures as directed by Company to ensure accurate communication and deployment.
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with Company Human Resources policies for the Houston Division.
- Ensure that the Houston Division is in compliance with all federal and state laws relating to human resources.
- Maintain complete and accurate employee personnel files.
- Advise Company associates and answer questions regarding HR, payroll, and employment issues.
- Maintain position descriptions.
Recruiting, Employment, and Development
- Work with hiring managers to understand hiring needs relative to budget.
- Assist managers with recruiting, screening, job offers, and onboarding team members; counsel managers on candidate selection
- Assist hiring managers with requisitions, ensuring accuracy and budget accountability.
- Assist hiring managers with establishing compensation level based on market information.
- Determine the best recruiting practice to meet specific needs of each hiring circumstance.
- Post open positions to Company intranet and internet locations as appropriate.
- Negotiate fees with placement agencies when necessary.
- Pre-qualify candidates when requested.
- Coordinate offers with hiring managers and candidates.
- Coordinate background checks and drug screenings as part of offer and hiring process.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Counsel with managers in the development of Company associates.
- Assist managers in coaching and counseling opportunities and in required terminations.
Wage and Salary Administration/Benefits Administration
- Supports and provides guidance for the Houston team for salary and bonus plan adjustments.
- Review compensation philosophy and structure with Division President and Corporate HR.
- Obtain salary and compensation survey market data.
- Assist associates in developing position descriptions.
- Serve as the focal point of benefits administration for the Division.
- Oversee Division’ s pay practices in eTime; ensure team members and managers meet required deadlines; provide training, as appropriate
Communication and Employee Relations
- Train and interact with managers regarding the management of team member performance
- Assist managers in hearing and resolving employee concerns.
- Provide input for periodic communications to Houston associates (i.e. – Open Enrollment) and Corporate (i.e. – President’ s Letters).
- Communicate Houston and/or Corporate information as requested.
- Assist in communicating and understanding details of Company benefit programs.
Management of Facilities
- Procure office supplies for the main and field offices as necessary.
- Order business cards, stationary, letterhead, associate name badges.
- Oversee kitchen and office supply needs, and order supplies as needed.
- Coordinate technology needs with I.T. (i.e. – Order computer equipment for new employees)
Maintain Certain Benefit Information
- Roll-out/coordinate company-wide benefits.
- Roll-out/coordinate wellness programs to improve company wellness.
- Create and maintain records to administrate the WellsOne VISA card program for enrolled employees in Houston (this does not include tracking expenses and maintaining receipts).
- Maintain records of auto allowances by employee and administer changes as necessary.
- Maintain records of device allowances by employee and administer changes as necessary.
- Coordinate logistics and details for company meetings and functions such as: office meetings, holiday parties, blood drives, annual picnics, annual meetings, and TradePartner meetings.
- Obtain facilities and coordinate catering for events as required.
- Develop, maintain, and track budgets for events.
Administrative Support for Operations
- Actively participate with senior management team; attend meetings, coordinate meetings; take action on behalf of Division President
- Oversees team member activities as determined and directed by senior managers
- Schedule meetings as requested.
- Provide support for local team leadership as requested.
- Create and maintain files.
- Attend all meetings as necessary.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing human resource federal and state requirements; conduct investigations; maintain records
- Ensure 100% compliance with HR policies and records retention.
- Obtain new employee requisitions and begin search within one week of request.
- Obtain 100% Houston compliance on compensation adjustment schedule.
- Obtain 100% Houston compliance on development program.
- Meet the professional needs of the Division President daily.
- Operate all functions within budget.
- BA/BS or equivalent business experience concentrated in Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, Development, and/or Benefits Administration.
- Experience in administrative and operations support role and function.
- Organized, assertive professional with a strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to project a positive and professional image of the stature befitting the position.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments and oversee completion of delegated tasks – good follow-up skills a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated teambuilding and leadership ability that ensures mutual growth and respect for all associates.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Appropriate fit for Company’ s Houston culture a must
Professional Performance Standards
Responsible and accountable for executing the specific responsibilities listed above in complete conformance with goals, expectations and schedule commitments of the Division.
Physical Demand/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to walk, sit, and stand. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 25 pounds.The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Professional Development Statement
This position is expected to maintain a program for his/her own professional development and shall do so by creating, maintaining and executing his/her Professional Development Plan per company standards.
If you or someone you think highly of might feel this is a strong fit for your back ground, please apply