Assistant Land Development Manager
Eugene, Oregon 97404 US
Assistant Land Development Manager, Production Home Builder, Eugene, OR area
My long term, retained client of over 14 years is seeking an Assistant Land Development Manager for the Eugene, Oregon area. This company is all about culture, culture, culture; work/life balance, having FUN while working hard and giving back to the communities in which they build.
The Assistant Land Development Manager assists the Land Development Manager in their assigned region ensuring all lots are developed on time and on budget.
The Assistant Land Development Manager will have the opportunity to:
- Manages consultants, including civil, geotechnical and environmental engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects and general contractors.
- Manages installation of infrastructure improvements.
- Land use design and entitlement – obtaining conditions of approval from municipalities.
- Land Development budget and invoice management – assists in the creation of budget for acquisition package and approval of subcontractor invoices.
- Reviews engineering plans.
- Inspects construction improvements.
- Submits application to local municipalities for rezoning.
- Development and submittal of preliminary and final plat documents.
- Acts as liaison with City and other governmental officials, including organizing and attending meetings as required to resolve outstanding matters. Follows through with all pertinent parties to ensure that appropriate action on pending matters is done as required.
- Assists in the coordination of zoning matters with appropriate consultants, legal and governmental bodies.
- Ensures all plans and required submittals are processed with the appropriate government body and follows through to obtain approvals as required. Track progress of these submittals to receipt of required approvals.
- Schedule management – works with subcontractors and municipalities to ensure progress is tracking according to schedule.
- Responsible for the coordination of land surveys, easements, etc. and works with surveyors, engineers etc. to ensure work is done as required.
- Assists in the interviewing and selection of outside consultants.
- Prepares and solicits bids for a variety of development required contracts.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of residential infrastructure and building construction.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to read and interpret engineering plans.
- Able to make public presentations at City/County Council and Commission hearings and meet with public officials in a professional manner.
- Can build relationships and communicate effectively with individuals in various functional areas inside and outside of the organization.
- Two years of experience in civil engineering, land surveying or land planning is preferred.
Daily travel within local and regional areas required. To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle and drivers’ insurance.
WHAT COMPANY OFFERS:
Your benefits package from Company consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Accounts, Disability protection, Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, Home Purchase Program, Professional Training and much more.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.