Houston, TX 77002 US
We are seeking a well-rounded, self-motivated Asset Manager. The candidate will report to the Vice President of Development and Asset Management and will be a key player in the asset management and tenant relationship management processes.
- Maximize total return for each asset through the analysis of property efficiencies and identifying opportunities for improved performance
- Work closely with third party property managers, leasing agents, brokers, consultants and attorneys to provide direction for and oversight of business plans, budgets, forecasts, leases, analysis and approvals
- Actively participate in the negotiations on new leases and renewals
- Prepare necessary monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for the senior management team
- Negotiate third party contracts and oversee implementation of capital improvement and ‘ value-add’ programs within the portfolio
- Perform valuations of each asset on a quarterly basis, working with analytical staff
- Model full life cycle financial analysis for each asset from acquisition through disposition
- Develop and implement strategic business plans for each asset that will govern its daily operations, position in the market, and ultimate disposition
- Manage the capital improvement strategies and processes, including oversight of the construction management activities
- Evaluate the local markets to identify changes and trends and the related impact on real estate values and investment strategies
- Work collaboratively with the acquisition team members in evaluating potential investments opportunities
Knowledge Skill Requirements
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field with strong record of academic achievement; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of commercial real estate, leasing, analysis/asset management experience
- Strong financial modeling skills, detailed property-level financial statement analysis, lease management, pro forma analysis and rent-setting evaluation
- Strong knowledge of real estate accounting combined with exceptional analytical skills and financial modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word is required and must be comfortable learning new computer systems
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and be able to independently identify and solve key business problems
- May involve 5% Travel
Compensation: This company offers an excellent compensation package, an opportunity with a diverse development company, and the chance to grow and develop with a well-capitalized and highly respected organization.
David Brown is as Senior Partner at Joseph Chris Partners, a 40-year old professional recruiting company in Houston Texas. At Joseph Chris David works is a natural matching personal talent with corporate needs. more...