North Charleston, South Carolina US
PURCHASING MANAGER - HOME BUILDING - SOUTH CAROLINA
My retained client of many years is seeking a Purchasing Manager for a Division in one of South Carolina' s most desirable places to live!
The company is a Regional, privately held, award winning home builder, located in over 10 markets. Wonderful company culture and outstanding legacy.
Position Title: Purchasing Manager
Reports to: Director of Purchasing
Department: Purchasing and Estimating
Direct Reports: 0-2
The Purchasing Manager will manage and assist the Director of Purchasing to develop and maintain cost effective new home construction estimates and supporting budgets. Select and employ quality contractors in alignment with department and budget objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews new home sales contracts and construction estimates
- Reviews construction blueprints and determines material and labor needs
- Maintains construction budgets and ensures compliance
- Evaluates and incorporates construction change orders into construction budget
- Reviews and approves home construction invoices as needed
- Administers home construction budget reviews with Production Team and reports results
- Manages and selects construction contractors, vendors and suppliers; negotiates rates
- Determines pricing for non-standard home options
- Monitor construction material returns
- Produces estimates and initial pricing of homes in new subdivisions and maintains profitability reports
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and site plans
- Knowledge of new home construction process
- Analytical and organized
- Exhibits initiative; accepts challenges and new responsibilities
- Must have valid drivers license
Education and Work Experience
- 3-5 years of residential home building or estimating experience OR Degree in Business, Construction Management or related field and 1-2 years experience OR Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
For a confidential conversation about my client and the opportunity, APPLY TODAY!