seattle, Washington 98101 United States
Vice President of Operations in Pacific Northwest
A Pacific northwest builder of urban infill single family homes and townhomes is seeking a VP of Operations to oversee the purchasing, estimating, entitlement and design functions. The company prides itself building progressive homes with cutting edge technology in some of most desired locations in the city.
This operations leader will report to the company president and must be capable of helping define and develop company systems and processes while overseeing and managing his group.
Responsibilities to include
- Overseeing internal operations
- Recruit, select, manage and train personnel
- Manage, mentor purchasing, estimating entitlement and design staff
- Oversee and distribute information to production team
- Oversee product development to meet company objectives, margins and targets
- Oversee entitlement department managing from conception through permitting to meet production goals
- Streamline purchasing to improve system efficiencies and increase profits
- Work with purchasing manager to develop processes and standards.
- Work with purchasing manager and architects to develop standards for each trade
- Conduct cost variance analysis weekly to reduce or eliminate slippage
- Establish and maintain a vendor /supplier evaluation system
- Stay current on innovative products, construction techniques, and relevant trends.
Product: Townhomes and single-family homes.
Location: PNW in highly desirable urban locations.