Meridian, Idaho US
DESIGN MANAGER - HOME BUILDING - PACIFIC NORTHWEST
My long-time client is seeking a Design professional for a Design Manager position (Architecture, CAD, Interior Design, Plans) that will report to the VP of Operations. Very caring and philanthropic company. Building back up after downturn. Closing a little over 300 homes this year and 400 next year and growing from there.
Job Title: Design Manager
Reports To: VP of Operations
To lead and manage the development of new home plans and the preparation of construction plans which are consistent with established design criteria. Manage the portfolio of current plan drawings for compliance with applicable building code. Develop “ value design” concepts necessary for continued product improvement. Manage all design drafting and preparation of permit packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS
Prepare construction documents by reviewing Sales Contract, Addenda, Showroom menu, etc., to produce as complete and accurate set of construction drawings, while integrating all of the home buyer’ s home choices and selected Showroom options.
- PERMIT AND SUPERINTENDENT PACKAGES.
Prepare and manage the permit and superintendent packages, including construction drawings, specifications, energy compliance reports and building permit applications, to submit to appropriate building departments. Requests permit checks from accounting.
- INITIAL SITE PLANS
Prepare initial site plans to ensure the home fits the lot and conforms to community standards.
- CONTINUED PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT
The Design Manager position includes new plan development, the research of “ value design” concepts, the preparation of documents for review/approval, and incorporation of approved designs into construction drawings.
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
Develop designs that meet the evolving needs of the marketplace -, and processes to support new plans.
- Incorporate home-buyer preferences
- Develop alternative elevations
- Provide interior design
- Provide innovative architectural options
- Prepare site plans for all lots on new communities.
- Keep master plans updated showing all current modifications.
- Produce marketing collateral as directed.
- May supervise additional CADD draftsman and/or outsourced designers.
- Work closely with the trade partners on new designs to vet any possible issues.
- Be part of the “ LEAN” team
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Has authority to submit building permit applications. Has the authority to direct day to day work activities of CADD draftsman in Design department.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHERS
Reports to the Vice President of Operations. Works regularly with the President, Purchasing, Estimating, Showroom, Construction and Sales.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in architecture preferred
- Vocational graduate in Auto-CAD
- 3-5 years’ experience in residential CAD design
- Experience with Interior Design.
Must possess strong communication, planning and organizational skills. Must be willing to work as part of a team and adhere to company policies and procedures.
If you meet these qualifications and would like to discuss this opportunity, APPLY TODAY!